Spending the weekend with friends and friends I have yet to meet at the first Oxford Future Business weekend run by the Future Business Pre-Incubator (FBPI). It’s in the Said Business School in Oxford, running alongside the Silicon Valley Comes to UK (SV2UK) program.
The Oxford Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (OxCEI) will run the first weekend at which entrepreneurs, scientists, technologists and mentors will come together to work within the proven Idea Transform methodology to generate ideas and companies to take existing patented technology to market. The start-up teams created will include the roles of executive (full-time) entrepreneurs, non-executive (part-time) entrepreneurs and mentors, each rewarded by sharing in equity participation in the companies they create.
About the FBPI: The FBPI focusses on the exploitation of existing portfolios of patents, which encompass a number of interesting areas including ‘big data’, geo-location, materials science and energy.
Some of the attendees:
- Matt Scott, Stanford Grad with a Social Enterprise twist
- Bea Schofield, Leeds Grad with Big Data twist at import.io (company looks cool)
- Julian Jantke, startup guy
- Mark Evans, top man
- Jon Gittos, Socialglue, interesting EdTech startup + founder
- Preetam Heeramun, cereno, Conferencing and Collaboration, Mauritius, Engineering
…And many more